Pages

Friday, March 8, 2013

The Sun

The Sun. This morning I woke up and it was bright. I walked down the street and it was bright. I made my way to the Starbucks down the street from my house squinting because it was bright. I look up in the sky and there is barely any cloud formations.

Sitting in Starbucks I noticed something though. There are a lot of people that don't like the sun: they close the blinds in the store, or find a place out of the sun, or even more put on some sunglasses. For some reason this has intrigued me this morning.

Why is it that a lot of us don't like the sun?

It's an intriguing question isn't it?

For me, this morning, I am basking in the beauty and the magnificence of that sun. If you have time, go outside and experience such a wonderful creation that God made a long time ago. God separated light from dark and said it was good.

Let's enjoy the light for God created it.


Let me know your thoughts.

1 comment:

  1. I have a fascination with the sun. It developed a few years back when my life took a turn from the dark towards the light. I love the sun! I used to have a coworker that did not like the sun (for her own good reasons) and she liked the shades drawn at work. She has since left our office and now the shades are rarely down. The rest of us quite enjoy the sun thankfully! I am surrounded by two large windows up on the 9th floor and most days the sun gloriously pores in all around me. With the seasons changing it is especially bright in the afternoon (right now as I write this).

    My relationship with the sun also shifted after I got back from living abroad. Before then, I didn't know how much I missed the sun in our long winter. That experience abroad gave me a much deeper appreciation for our beautiful sun!

    Thank God for the sun.

    ReplyDelete