Pages

Tuesday, September 20, 2016

Mantra #2 - People are Inherently Good

This mantra is hard. With everything I see around the world it is tough for me to believe this to be true. Wars, bombs, murder, killing, hate, racism, etc., gives me a perspective of the world going to 'hell in a hand basket'. BUT, I have to believe people are good because this view of the world has no hope.

I believe Creator God has created all and continues to create before us. The Creator God is good. If God is good and God continues to create everything than people have a deep, deep goodness within them. All of creation comes from a place of inherent goodness because everything is created by a good God.

This view gives me hope. This view tells me, although things are messy right now, it will be good at the end of it all. This view let's me rest.

I need, have to, and must believe this is true because without it there is no hope. My hope rests in the good creator God who will not let anything but good triumph at the end of it all.

Having this view allows me to see goodness all around me. It focuses my attention to the things bringing life and not death. I am able to get beyond the evil and mess and see the goodness all around me. It has been difficult to view the world like this because I lean toward cynicism, but as I have opened my mind and heart to see the world and people as inherently good I am beginning to see there is goodness all around, it has just been hidden by the mess and evil, which is reigning.

No comments:

Post a Comment