Pages

Friday, September 16, 2016

Try Something New

Let's admit it, we love routine. We love being able to have a set way of doing things and sticking to it. When something new comes along it almost seems to be threatening. There is a new way of cooking, eating, sleeping, praying, working, or any other thing, and are afraid of what will happen if we change it. Meanwhile, what we are unaware of is the very thing we don't want to change is the very thing, which can possibly be dead, dying, unhealthy, or not important.

Is there something recently you have been invited to start or change, which feels scary, ridiculous, outrageous, crazy, or impossible? Could it be by starting or change this very thing it could infuse within you life you never thought you needed, or joy you always thought you had?

I am actually a person who loves change and trying new things. I love exploring what hasn't been done and trying to see if it can be done. But, I have to admit, sometimes I get so comfortable in my routine I am unaware of new things I can even try.

The invitation is before me and you: let's try something new. Let's explore different avenues, paths, streets, and opportunities. The worst thing is it doesn't work out, really, but we will come away with the process of learning through discovery and trying new things.

Today I am going to do it. I am going to be aware of the adventure of trying something new and step into it, no matter how small.

No comments:

Post a Comment