Pages

Thursday, September 15, 2016

So Much Pain

This past week I have been interacting with a lot of people who are in the midst of such pain in their lives. Pain from family, relationships, self and these people are clinging on to hope; some have lost hope entirely. Prayer seems to be out of desperation more than anything else. For some they don't even want to pray because they can't find the words, or even imagine their is a God above it all who is somehow orchestrating it all for good.

I know when I look around in places like Aleppo, Syria it's hard to imagine hope. I mean how can such hate and evil exist between people.

Here's what I trust and have to hope in:

Pain will eventually cease and joy will come.
Evil may have the coverage, but love will ALWAYS win.
God is good, although it's hard to imagine sometimes.
People have good within them because they were created by a good God.
We are human and there is always going to be some pain.
There is something to learn in all circumstances.
God says "Be still and know that I am God" (Psalm 46:10).

For those in pain right now, I am praying for you. I am praying for the pain to end, but I am also praying in the midst of pain you would know God's ever present presence, love, and peace.

Today is a heavy day.

No comments:

Post a Comment